Child Safety – Recaro Sports Car Booster Seats
Child Safety – Recaro Sports Car Booster Seats
Author: Lance G Lee
The following information was gathered from:
I drive a very fast Sports Car, that doesn’t have a lot of room in the back seat. My Partner’s Son is 7yrs old, and I find myself often picking him up to/from his School. When doing this, I used only a little plastic booster seat that his Mother gave me that looked more like a child’s step-up bench or some toy. To me, this didn’t look safe at all, and it worried me; because this usage looking booster seat did NOT look safe when transporting a child; especially a child who had a lot of energy!
After talking this over with my Partner, I went ahead and performed some extensive research on the best child safety seats for Sports Cars. I soon stumbled upon a Company that focused their child seat design after the type of seat you would often find in a high speed car, or even a race car. At first glance, I saw the safety that was exactly for me, and this was a type of Child Seat for all ages, that mimicked the style and safety features, as you’d see for the driver seat in a high speed vehicle. The Neck, Back, Hip Supports, as well as the comfort, and colours for boys and girls attracted me to the product; but the feature that made me purchase this type of seat, was the double shoulder strap. This meant that the child couldn’t reach into the front seat, or move around on a little plastic booster seat, which in turn made some of our trips a little unsafe, only because of the energy that this child had!
So, if you drive a high-end Sports Car, or even a regular car, and want extra support for your child, or children. A seat like the ones in the picture above are perfect, and EXTREMELY safe!
As mentioned about, after performing extensive research on the RECARO Performance SPORT Child Seats. I found that is considered by many to be the best; because of the following reasons:
- The Recaro Sport Seat is extremely comfortable, and I believe that the child should be just as safe, if not safer than the driver themselves.
- I found that the seat was also ranked very high in its class for safety. I mentioned this above, but this is where I am going to go into a little detail on why this seat has been ranked so highly in its class. It was designed to look, work, and feel like the design of the Driver Seats you would see in a High-end Sports Car, or as mentioned above, a Race Car inspirational design. The company is backed by 4 decades of trialing and research; therefore, very reputable. These seats are covered for side impacts, due to its heavy-duty side cushions/padding. It has extended head and neck padding (as you can see in the opening picture posted), and this is the deciding factor when it comes to the child protection during a side collision and/or T-Bone type of accident; because the extra head and neck padding, which is extended to protect a child’s head, face, and/or neck when it comes to this type of collision factor. It has a 5-Point Harness, just like a race inspired cockpit seat. All the extra padding design, provides children with added safety, when it comes to collisions, that involve the hips, legs, shoulders, head and neck, the child’s torso and finally, the child’s pelvis protection!
- The seat uses a double top/down shoulder strap system, just like one found in any Sport and/or Race Car cockpit. It’s designed to face forward, so the child can be seen at all times, and the child can view what you, as the driver are viewing. One big different that sets this type of seat over others, is that it can be used for a child who has added weight, and it can cover the safety that would be perfectly fine for a child who is up to 9.5 years in age, and it’s the narrowest Sport Child Safety Seat in the market today. For this reason, it has a much higher convenience level for you as a PARENT, and YOU as a SPORTS CAR DRIVER. The great thing is; they are so narrow, that you can fit three up them in the average vehicle, as long as there are enough seat belts to anchor them down of course!!!
It is made from memory foam, and we have all seen the infomercials regarding the use of memory foam in high end beds and mattresses. This is going to keep the child quite a bit more comfortable, during long drives, or during a short drive to pickup some groceries, or to the corner store for some treats! All the cushions can be removed for cleaning purposes as well, so maintenance is definitely a positive factor when purchasing this type of seat!
Just to recap on a few things that were focused on above:
SAFETY FOR YOUR CHILD OR CHILDREN
- Racing-Inspired Full Body Side Impact Protection
- Racing-Inspired, twist-preventing Safety Stripe System
- Built in the USA with integrated German engineering
THIS SEAT STYLE IS MUCH MORE ERGONOMIC; THEREFORE, MORE COMFORTABLE!
- Patented twist-resistant HERO technology prevents harness twisting & increases comfort
- Cloud Comfort Memory Foam
- Luxurious, temperature balancing fabrics with CoolMesh
- Ergonomic shell structure for maximum comfort
- Removable cushion insert
THE DESIGN OF THESE SPORT CHILD SEATS PROVIDE FOR A MORE CONVENIENT FITTING AND STYLE
- EasyAdjust no re-thread 5-point harness and headrest
- Built-in LATCH system with storage & universal top tether
- QuickFlip Recline Foot
- Mesh Storage Pockets
- Converts to belt positioning booster
Getting to Know Your Child Restraint
This child restraint is known as a combination harness to booster seat because it converts from a Harness Mode into a Booster Mode as your child grows. It is important to know the difference between these two use modes, be able to choose which mode is appropriate for your child, and be able to choose which sections of this instruction manual apply to the mode that you desire.
To facilitate choosing the right set of the instructions for the mode that you desire, look for color codes on the sides of the pages in this instruction manual. Harness Mode instructions are indicated in PINK, and Booster Mode instructions are indicated in GREEN.
Note that general information and information applying to both user modes is not color-coded. NEVER use the child restraint system for a child who is NOT within the height, weight and age recommended in this instruction manual. RECARO strongly encourages keeping children in Harness Mode up to the maximum Harness Mode weight or height limits of your child restraint.
If you would like to read the entire PDF version, you can freely download it from the following link or URL:
http://us.recaro-cs.com/files/recaro/int/childseats/docs/Performance Sport Manual.pdf
NOTE: HERE AT ALLSTAR-AFTERMARKET-VEHICLE-PARTS.COM I STRIVE TO FIND YOU THE SAFEST PRODUCTS OUT THERE, BASED ON MY OWN EXPERIENCE, RESEARCH, REVIEWS FROM BLOGS, AND WITHIN THE COMPANY ITSELF.
I AM ALWAYS HERE FOR YOU, THE CUSTOMER. PLEASE LEAVE A QUESTION, AND/OR COMMENT, AND I’D BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU FIND THE EXACT CHILD SAFETY SEAT THAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR, AND THIS IS A SPORT CHILD SEAT IN WHICH MY WEBSITE WOULD ENDORSE IN A SECOND!
HAPPY SURFING, AND I HOPE TO MEET YOU ALL VERY SOON!
Author: Lance Lee